A Finish to Fit Your Needs
Harrison Steel operates rough and finish machine equipment, giving our customers options on how cast parts are finished prior to delivery.
Our facility features three areas capable of machining castings up to 15,000 pounds. Our expert machine shops can meet specific tolerances from /- .75mm for rough machining to +/- .015mm for finish machining of assembly ready parts. Our Statistical Process Control (SPC) ensures we manufacture and machine each part as intended by our customer’s specifications.
The Finish Machining area incorporates the use of Master Cam with customer supplied models to generate CNC programs. We also have the capability to design and fabricate machining fixtures in house to reduce costs and lead times.
- Tolerances of +/- .75mm
- Tolerances of +/- .015mm
- Seven vertical turning machines with swings up to 84-inches in diameter
- Seven conventional engine lathes with swings up to 84-inches in diameter
- Six Giddings & Lewis horizontal boring mills
- Two multi-pallet horizontal machining centers
- One CNC Engine Lathe up to 80″ swing
- Two 5 Axis vertical machining center
- One 5 Axis turning center up to 92″ swing
- Gauges are uniquely identified with individual serial numbers for trackability
- Gauges are maintained and calibrated by certified Harrison Steel employees and in conjunction with a third party accredited calibration service
- 2 Faro arms for dimensional inspection